2.16.2005

iPod Goodness

As a follow-up post to the one about my taste in music, I have decided to do one of those "1st 10 songs iPod shuffles out for you" things.

1. Harvey Danger - Flagpole Sitta

2. Digger - Dale

3. They Might Be Giants - Little Germ

4. Dwarves - The Band That Wouldn't Die

5. Alanis Morissette - Perfect

6. Blink-182 - Untitled

7. Shawn Mullins - Changes

8. Broken Social Scene - shampoo suicide

9. NoFX - Can't Get The Stink Out

10. Me First and the Gimme Gimmes - Different Drum

Only one that I would skip over (Alanis Morisette. Why did I rip this?). Nice. I was worried I would end up completely embarrassing myself with my bad taste.

The more I think about it, this really doesn't accurately portray my tastes in music. So here is the list from my "what I want to listen to RIGHT NOW" playlist:

1. Me First and the Gimme Gimmes - Hats Off to Larry

2. NoFX - We Threw Gasoline on the Fire and Now We Have Stumps for Arms and No Eyebrows

3. Ben Folds - Annie Waits (clap)

4. NoFX - It's My Job to Keep Punk Rock Elite

5. Goldfinger - Superman

6. MxPx - Summer of 69

7. Lagwagon - Raise a Family

8. Ben Kweller - Sha Sha

9. Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride

10. The Ataris - How I Spent My Summer Vacation

I was extremely picky about what I put on this playlist. There are only 222/1940 songs. Compare this to my "stuff I really want to listen to" playlist which has 733 songs, and that's only up to the M's. (I got distracted and haven't finished it up yet. Since there are two NoFX songs there, I suppose I should give the 11th song.

11. Green Day - Blood, Sex and Booze

I think this is a pretty good sampling. The only other bands that really come up very often are the Beatles, Violent Femmes, No Use For A Name, Less Than Jake, and Weezer. But my most played song is Better Than Ezra - Good. But that's becuase I put that and a couple other songs on the playlist three times. I'm just REALLY in the mood to hear them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home